According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, medication errors may be the third leading cause of accidental death in the United States. More than 200,000 people die each year from prescription drug errors. More than a million people are injured.
If you were injured or a family member died from a prescription drug error, contact the civil trial lawyers at Ginsberg & O'Connor, P.C. From our office in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, we represent people throughout New Jersey who were harmed by medical professionals. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Examples Of Prescription Drug Errors
A medication error is any preventable event by a medical professional that may lead to patient harm from inappropriate medication use. Examples include:
- Prescribing the wrong drug or wrong dose of a drug
- Prescribing drugs that are dangerous when combined with other drugs you are using
- Dispensing the wrong drug (some drugs may have similar names to the one on your prescription)
- Dispensing the wrong formulation or dose of a drug
- Drug labeling errors
- Failure to warn you about drug side effects or dangers
- Errors in instructions about how you should take drugs
By holding doctors and pharmacies accountable for errors, the civil justice system can provide a strong motivation for medical professionals to reduce errors that lead to patient injuries and death.
Contact Our Prescription Drug Error Attorneys
For more information about your options if you or a loved one was harmed by a prescription drug error, contact the Mount Laurel medical malpractice attorneys at Ginsberg & O'Connor, P.C., for a confidential consultation. Call us at 856-437-0969, toll free 800-598-3944 or complete our simple contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.