As the summer comes to an end and children head back to school in New Jersey, it’s important to remember to drive safely. More kids are on the road during this time of year, whether they’re walking or biking to school or taking the bus. This means that there are more opportunities for accidents to happen.
That’s why it’s so important to be extra careful when behind the wheel during back to school season. By doing this, you can help keep everyone safe on the roads. Following are some ways that you can keep everyone safe as the school year begins.
All types of accidents can happen if you’re not careful during back-to-school season
Some of the accidents that can happen if you’re not careful when driving during back-to-school season include hitting a child who’s walking or biking to school, sideswiping a car while making a turn or rear-ending another vehicle that has stopped to yield to pedestrians. In worst-case scenarios, these accidents can result in serious injuries or even death. That’s why it’s so important to be extra careful and vigilant when behind the wheel during this time of year. By doing so, you can help avoid collisions and keep everyone safe on the roads.
Safe-driving tips can help keep everyone safe during back-to-school season
The following tips can help lessen the likelihood of motor vehicle accidents and keep everyone safe during back-to-school season.
• Pay attention to your surroundings and be on the lookout for children walking or biking to school.
• Slow down when driving in areas where there are likely to be children present, such as near schools or in residential neighborhoods.
• Be extra cautious when making turns, and always yield to pedestrians who have the right of way.
• Never pass a school bus that is stopped to pick up or drop off students.
• Observe the posted speed limit in school zones, and obey all traffic signs and signals.
• Don’t get distracted while driving by doing things like using your cell phone or eating.
• If you must drive during heavy traffic times, allow yourself extra time to reach your destination.
• Never drink or drive when you’re under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Back-to-school season is stressful for everyone. By following the above tips, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable back-to-school season for everyone.